1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow for a chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by boatermike3826, Nov 18, 2008.

1. boatermike3826

boatermike3826 Junior Member

hi what plow can i put on a 1500 extended cab? i have a 6 foot 6 inch snow way, can i make that work for the truck? i am hoping so. i have a 2500 with an 8 ft blade for back up. this is just for little driveways. i want it because i have it already and it is light. would it be wide enough to get by? i know it wont be perfect for the truck

Mike Drake
  2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I dont think it will be wide enough, probably wont let the runoff clear your tires....

MAR4CARS Senior Member

As mentioned above .You need a 7 1/2 wide plow
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Look at 7 1/2 foot blades, to clear the tire path at full angle.

Don't get a blade over 26 inches in height , (those ones are usually to heavy for 1/2 tons)

I have a half ton....don't like it, I always feel like I'm overloading it with all my lawn equipment.
    I'm also getting a .5 yard spreader for the rear that will most likely put me over the gvr. I need a one ton.
  5. boatermike3826

can i plow with a v6 chevy 4x4 extended cab
  6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Since you already own a 6'8" Sno-Way have you considered just buying a 7'6" blade and putting it on that power pack. Just an option for you to consider without having to purchase a complete plow.

Thanks for being a Sno-Way customer.
  7. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Absolutely, as long as it is 4wheel drive. However, I would stick with resi's only with it. And nothing bigger than a 7'6" blade... Lightest one you can find.
  8. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Since you already have the blade and are just going to do driveways, just build a set of wings for the 6'-8" blade, they would only need to be 5" each side to make it a 7.5' blade. I don't know jack about the small blades like that, I don't know if they are built strong enough for wings might be your only problem. Do they offer wings for this plow?
  9. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I would be interested in knowing that info too about the wings... Especially if it is for one of them lexan/plexiglass/whatever the clear ones are made of ones.
  10. boatermike3826

i dont think they make wings for it, it is the lexon blade. do you think a v6 1500 would push the snow

Mike Drake
  11. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sure will, had 6 trucks that were 1/2 ton short box's with the V6, ran 8' front and 7-6 rears on them. Same H.P. as a 305, better MPG than a 350, just have to keep an eye on front end suspension.
  12. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I would look into a 7'-6" snow-way or the md snow dogg
  13. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

you can always put your 6.8 snoway on craigslist if your having a hard time finding just the moldboard.. there are a ton of people looking for used snow plows right now. and the 26 series would make a great plow for that truck
  14. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

it is not so much power you can have all the power you want if you cant plant you wont go any where.
    if you have a sw do what toby4492 said and get 7.6 blade for it, good set of tires timbrens and ballast. just remember you have to plow with the storm