1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow do you run on your 2500hd?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by corradofreek, Nov 26, 2005.

1. corradofreek

corradofreek Junior Member

I just purchased my 2001 GMC 2500HD with the D/A combo and was wondering what you are running on your truck, how it works and if you like it. I had an 8ft western plow picked out, but when i went to pick it up fronm the storage yard, someone decided they wanted it more then I did.

2. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Im running a 7'6" Boss SD straight blade it came on the HD from the dealer and it works for me because I do a lot of small parking lots on campus. Not one problem with the Boss, so far this will be the fourth year plowing.

But the 8' blade was made for the HD's I think, just my thought.

3. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Boss 8' 2" 'V' plow on 2005 2500HD 6.6 Duramax
    Boss 8' 2" 'V' plow on 1996 3500 SRW 6.5 Turbo diesel
    Boss 8' 2" 'V' plow on 1993 3500 SRW 6.5 Turbo diesel (may it rest in pieces)
    June 2005

The new combination is the best yet.
    Can you tell I like Boss and Chevy? :)

4. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

I run a 7.6" Fisher MM2 on mine. The fisher is a quick moving plow and I like the trip edge design. I have had one minor electrical problem with it that is fine now. Other than that I love it. If I were you I might go for the 8' though. Its the same money so you might as well.
    g

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

On the HDs i mostly see fisher 8' HDs or the 8' XBlades on there.

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Brand new Boss 8'6'' Straight Blade. New Truck and Plow.

Regards Mike

7. corradofreek

corradofreek Junior Member

thanks for the replies, some people were trying to talk me into a 9' western blade, i thought that was just a tad bit tooo big. should i also run a set of Timbrens up front?

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Timbrens sure wouldn't hurt IMO.

9. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I would not go larger than a 8'6'' plow or maybe a Blizzard 810. I would also buy a set of Timbrens, installed a set on my truck and they do help.

Regards Mike

10. steelcity

steelcity Junior Member

01 ext cab 4x4 2500hd with western 8'6" wester v plow and love the setup

11. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

100% yes to the Timbrens!

12. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

Yes Timbrens are nice. I ran a 9' XBlade last year, and the truck handled it fine. This year, I'm doing a lot of driveways, so I downsized to a 7'6" XBlade. I depends on what you'll be doing with it.