1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow do i have?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by kyle1710, Feb 13, 2010.

1. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

Ok, so i bought this truck with a blizzard plow, its a 2003 Ford F350 with what i thought was a 810pp. I need a new cutting edge and i was measuring the edge and it is 89 inches? Did they make a 760pp? Its not a speed wing, i know that for sure. It has the wings that i control. I am so confused. :dizzy: Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

No they didn't. Never measured my edge, but with the over lap it has to be 8'. Do you still have the serial number on the back?

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The wings protrude past the main edge by about 3" on either side, making the fully retracted width 8'.

I bought my replacement edges from Jerre. He had the best price (not to mention service), even with shipping from PA to IL.

4. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

The back has been painted over so i can't read anything there. It makes sense now though with the overlap that it equals 8 feet, i just freaked out after measuring the main cutting edge. Is Jerre open on sundays? We are supposed to get a bunch of snow tonight into tomorrow and I might be screwed. When i got the plow i noticed that the edge was going to need replacing soon but I thought i would make it through the season, ends up I have plowed a lot more this season than i anticipated. I checked the edge last night and it is almost worn to the bottom of the moldboard! Any idea on where I can get a cutting edge today near Cincinnati, Columbus or Dayton????

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Hard telling when he's there. Call the shop and give him a try. You just never know, I mean, he called me last night at 9pm his time.:dizzy:

Awesome to work with, NO question about that.

(814) 898-2171

6. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

I called him and he said there is no one in the shop on sunday, and if there was thats about at 5 1/2 hour drive for me. He said if he shipped monday it would be here tuesday. :(

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You can't get one more storm out of the edges you have? I'd have him ship them out to you Monday. Have him add the Winters Xtendors to the wing edges too.