1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow do I have.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by padec21, Nov 7, 2008.

1. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

The truck is a 2001 F250. I believe the plow is a 71/2' HD series. HOw do I know if it is a MM1 or a MM2? I just bought this truck this summer and it came with the plow. Also it has Meyer sabre lights on it instead of Fisher lights. Any thoughts on that? Does any one have pics of an MM1 or MM2 I can compare my plow set up to.
    Thanks.

Great site by the way. lots of friendly folks.

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

mm2 has a lever you pull that moves the pins in place to connect the plow. mm1 you have to move the pins one at a time right by the pin itself.
    mm2 is three wire. the early mm1's are two wire the later mm1 is three wire.
    mm1 is a squared off triangle on top of the lifting ram.. mm2 is a rounded triangle on top of lifting ram.
    early mm1 was sehp and then over to insta act.

help at all?
    the pic in my proftile is a mm1.
    main difference between the later mm1's and the mm2 is the lever that moves the pins verses moving the pins one at a time to attach the plow.

3. bribrius

if it has three trip springs on the back of the moldboard it is a rd not a hd. (regular duty)

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the headgear is smaller

5. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

thats a helpful tip. it does only have 3 springs. i thought it was an hd. thanks for that info. how did you know

6. bribrius

they didnt make a 7.5 hd

7. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

i cant find anything on the Fisher site about the RD series. Do they still make it? Is it good enough to do more than my driveway. mostly all res. driveways maybe a small lot. or am I biting off more than I can chew with this plow?

8. bribrius

If you truck is a regular cab the plow should be fine. you may want to get a set of wings so your not driving over snow when you turn . look up "prowings" in the search.
    If you have a extended cab truck or a crew cab you need a wider plow.

if you are reg cab then you can plow with it as it is but like i said, might run over the snow from time to time with your back tires while turning.

The rd plows are pretty rugged plows and you shouldnt have any issues as far as that is concerned.

They dont make a rd now i dont think. They have a cheaper two spring version they call the sport duty and a heavy duty version that is similiar to yours with a three spring. But yours is probably the older rd version with three springs. I wouldnt be concerned over how much plowing you do with that.

9. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

you have a snow plow. hope this helps

10. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

they renamed the 7'6" RD to 7'6" HD I believe - Nick

11. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

there is no problem at6 all using the RD plow for snowplowing lots of driveways. Mine was purchased in 1995 and is the minute mount 1. It has seen rough use for all of these years with plowing driveways and small parking lots. Had to install a new pump and put on a new skin(probably shouldn't have graded dirt and stone with it). the pump was 140.00 and the new skin was 125.00. That's the only things that have been replaced in all this time. It is the best plow that I have ever owned !