1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow do I have?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by GingerKid, May 11, 2013.

1. GingerKid

GingerKid Junior Member

I'm trying to figure out what plow is on my truck in case I have to source some replacement parts. (great idea at the end of the season, huh?). I know the engine-driven pump, and all the valves and controls are Fisher, but I can't find any fisher blades, or any blades really, that look like this one. It's a 7.6 blade and the thing that's throwing me off is that the trip springs aren't vertical like most blades, they're horizontal garage door style ones at the bottom of the blade. Any ideas on what I have?

Plow 1.jpg

Plow 2.jpg

Plow 3.jpg

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Can't vouch for the truckside as you don't have any pics of it but the blade was made by Diamond.

3. GingerKid

GingerKid Junior Member

The truckside mount is either home-made or adapted from a mount that didn't originally fit the truck by the looks of it. I was mostly concerned about being able to buy replacement trip springs. The cylinders I can get rebuild locally and the wiring I did myself. There isn't much else to fail. I'm curious now though if the pump and valves look like Fisher or if they're Diamond too.

Plow 4.jpg

Plow 5.jpg

Plow 6.jpg

Plow 7.jpg

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Can I see the headgear? Thats back when Diamond was technically Fisher. Diamonds had a different headgear and blade, but a Fisher would pin right in and vice-versa. The hydraulics on both were Fisher.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I was going to guess that was a modified fisher but I think 06Sierra is right. It looks to be an old diamond.

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Yup. Diamond blade with fisher stuff. You can get the springs online. Search diamond trip springs. They are fun to replace with the cotter pins and tubes inside the springs. These plows are tanks.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Remember the hook they gave you to pull the pins out?

8. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Then after you lost the hook you had to make a new one outa rebar...........:salute:

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

To the Op. See link in my signature for the conversion of my diamond plow to minute mount set up.
    Also the Old Diamonds will fit up without modification to a fisher speedcast pusher frame in which you have in those pictures. These were NOT made by Fisher back then. They were made by Diamond. Diamond was started by employees who used to work for Fisher back in the '70's.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  10. GingerKid

GingerKid Junior Member

Here's a pic of the headgear. Like I said, it looks like someone fabbed it up themselves. Very solid, just not too pretty. I'll look into the minute mount conversion, thanks for the heads up.

I like the hook idea to pull the pins. I've gotten annoyed when I can't get them lined up right to pull them out easily and I have to bang them out with a hammer from the other side.

IMG_20130513_115911.jpg