1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow do i have?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Wilnip, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I bought an old 89 F250 to use as a back up truck and to break in a rookie operator I just hired. It has a 7 1/2' Western plow on it. How do I tell what model it is? Its the old cable operated style with the controller mounted on the floor if that helps.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

ok that's basically what it is then, and old cable controlled plow. which is what they call a conventional mount these days. what is it that you are trying to figure out exactly? if you are trying to figure out like what a-frame to get or something, we'd need some description of the blade. If you are just wondering the age, you could also describe the blade, but it would be 70's or 80's.

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Thank you. I'm basically wondering in case I need anything for it like a cable or motor or pump etc. So far it's working as it should.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

for a cable you just need to know if you have t-handle control or the newer round knob joystick. for a motor you need to know if you have the old '70s prestolite mez7002 with the shaft sticking out the bottom, or the newer style that has the shaft covered by the tapered bottom flange of the motor.