1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What plow do I have?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MG68, Jan 1, 2012.

1. MG68

MG68 Junior Member

Noob to the forum, but I've been plowing for years.

This is my first attempt to mount my own plow.

I have the opportunity to buy a used Fisher plow, however need to figure out what it is so I can buy the truckside mounts and wiring for a 1998 Ford F-150.

The blade is a 7' 6" and is 26" tall, (SD?) with 3 trip springs.

The headgear says "Minute Mount" (no 2) on it but the plowside has 3 plugs. An 11 pin male, a 2 pin male and what looks like an 11 pin female.

I can't find this configuration anywhere.

Is this some sort of bastardized setup? Should I run screaming from this and look for something else?

Any help you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

It sounds like an RD series, which they don't make anymore, but that's not really an issue. You'll need a truck mount, which should be a #7150, and three plug (isolation module system) wiring for the truck. If you look closely, you should find that the 11 pin female on the plow actually only has three positions that have sockets in them... they are arranged in a triangular configuration in the center of the connector. The rest are empty. Then you'll have an 11 pin male lighting harness, and a heavy gauge two pin male battery cable.

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Wow, great information. Not that I need it but that is cool all the information people give on this site

4. MG68

MG68 Junior Member

THANK YOU!!!!!

You have saved me a ton of aggravation.

If anyone has any pointers I should know about the install, I'm all ears.

Thanks again for the model/wiring info.

5. MG68

MG68 Junior Member

Another quick question, Is the three plug MM2 and two plug MM1? That's what I always thought, but now I'm not so sure....

Thanks.

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

No, there are 2 and 3 plug MM1s and until recently all MM2s were 3 plug. The new ones are 2 plug.