1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Plow do I get?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bosoxfan4, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

Decided I am getting a plow for my 2005 Ford F250. What would be the best plow to get? I want a 7'6". Someone told me the Snow Way 29 Poly series is the best with the down pressure. Please help.

2. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Putting aside for the moment that you're a Red Sox fan, I'll help you out a little. ;)

How much work are you planning on doing with it? Snow Way, so I've heard is a good brand, and the whole downforce thing is excellent. Does cost come into it?

3. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

I havemy office to don my house and my parents house. Nothing major. The cost of these plows is outrageous but I have to do it. Got quotes for fisher western snowway that were all about 4500 to 5000

4. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

$4500 huh...I have a Snow Dogg by Buyers. Great product, even better support (their Rep is on here daily), and the price is right.

Good Luck

5. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

Ballpark what would a Snow Dogg like yours cost me installed?

6. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

You will want to get what you can get parts for in your area. Fishers are popular on the fords in the Northeast. Also check out Boss and Curtis. Check craigslist too. You might find one a couple years old and save a couple grand. Although this time of year the price is higher. Good luck to ya.

Edit....oh yeah, one more thing. I would put an 8 footer on a 250.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You want at least an 8' plow on a 250 or it won't clear the tire tracks when angled.
    Dealer service and support is more important then brand

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

At least an 8 footer, probably and 8-6. If you can get support for the Sno-Way, get it.