1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow can you get?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by allstarlawncare, Feb 15, 2010.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

I want to get a plow for my f-150 but i dont really want one of the western hts or fisher ht plows. those are the only fisher or westerns that fit on my truck. I want something bigger because I know it can handle it. people have v's on their f150s. where can I get one that someone will actually install that is bigger than that? I know its not legal for them to do that incase my truck breaks and i injure someone in a crash or something.
  2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

They should put a small plow like a 7.5ft pro plow i would think.

If not, buy the mount and wires seperate, then find a plow for cheap this spring.
  3. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

so they will put a mount on for that kind of plow for me? I like the hts plow but I want one that is a little more heavy duty.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If you are interested in buying a Fisher I would sugest a 7.5' SD. When I bought my SD the dealer toled me the HT is very light duty and that the SD is alot better plow.
  5. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

on the fisher site it says that the ht is the only plow that will fit on my truck, thats why I am wondering where I can get a heavier duty plow that they will actually install it.
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I think the dealer would put a 7.5' SD on you truck. You shoud atleast ask them.
  7. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

are the mounts for western plows interchangeable with the different plows that western offers? also is that the same for fisher plows as well?
  8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Get a boss!
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Look at Sno-Way plows. Lightweight, strong, good reputation. Down pressure for backdragging offsets the light weight.