1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what plow? (2005 dodge half ton hemi 4 door)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clp94, Dec 18, 2010.

1. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

hey guys im new here, nice to meet ya im from boston my name is corey. I got a question, i have a 2005 dodge ram half ton, has the hemi its a 4 door 6 ft bed. i wanna hang a plow on it but i dont know what plow to choose. id like to stay away from the hydraulic lift(boss, fisher ht, sno way etc.) because id like to be able to stack higher with the chain lift. im thinking about the fisher sd or the western midweight maybe a curtis, what do you guys think? im currently using a tractor right now for residentials but supply and demand is kicking in, people are demanding more and i need to start supplying so i need to hang a plow on this truck and take care of these people. thanks guys.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

There are a ton of guys on here running the same truck and I've seen every single make of plow on them so far. The choice is yours.

3. Smith2287

Smith2287 Member

On my 06 Hemi I run a 8' western pro plus with a 2'' leveling kit in the front and love it. I just got a 2011 ctd and went with the wideout this time, its a heavier unit but I am going to level out the front like I did to my other trucks and it should be fine.