1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Plow, 02 F-250

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by SnowHill11, Aug 19, 2013.

1. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Hey everyone, I just purchased my second plow truck a 2002, F-250 4x4 with the 5.4 and auto tran. My plow truck is a 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 with the 6.0 and a Meyers MD-II C-8 straight plow. I purchased that used and the plow separately used. I'm thinking this time I might go new on the plow. I do a mix of residential and small commercial and am interested in what your recommendations would be for a plow as well as why you prefer your brand ect. I'm tentatively considering a Blizzard 8600SW right now which seems to run around $5000, any reasons for or against it? Other suggestions?
    Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss v plow

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

This is gunna be brand battle lol
    What dealer is closest to you. And do you have any experencw working on anything?

4. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

I know it probably will be, I'm hoping people will at least give specific reasons they like their brand, ie attachment design, hydraulic speed, lights, trip style, least trails ect. I'm quite mechanical and will be able to work on whatever I get. My nearest dealer for almost any major brand is 1-2 hours so I really want to pick based on the plow, I've only used one dealer so far for my Meyers and had good luck but am leaning away from a basic straight blade at this point. If I did go straight I would def. be considering wings, but prefer the idea of expanding plow or winged like the Blizzard or possibly V. Thanks for any real world use experience, especially from those who own or have owned a Blizzard

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher extreme vee. There's a ton of them around here and most people I know have very few if any issues with them. Check out an xls if you want an expandable. Personally I don't care for a full trip blade but to each their own.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

well,,,,the new westerns mounting leaves the least on your truck,,,the plow speed of the ultra mount plows is fairly quick,,,and they are pretty easy to work on
    blizzard ph1 plows,,,,,the mounts are big and stick out and are getting hard to find. the older 810s are heavy, bulky, beefy. parts are still around but will be getting scarce due to not being made anymore.
    as far as least trails,,,,,well that's all you and how you plow

7. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

I'm looking at the new Meyer Super V2 as well as the Lot Pro, waiting to hear back if they would be interchangable with my current C-8, anyone use either of these? If I went Lot Pro I would get the multi-position wings, wondering if they would also fit on the Super V, wish they made a set of wings for the Super V2..... So many plow options out there!

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I second this, love my XV. Two seasons and no issues other than a loose line. Fast, scrapes well and easy to hook up and drop.

9. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Well after MUCH debate and research I decided to go with a Meyer Super V 2 8'6", although these are still relatively new on the market those that comment and own them seem to be pleased. Ultimately it came down to finding a dealer I am very happy with, the best warranty in the industry (5 years) and on a smaller level matching my beginning "fleet". I'll get it installed in a few weeks and post pics then as well as let you guys know how it works this season.
    Thanks