1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Pizzes Yaa Off the Most In The Snow Plow Biz??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Daner, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Lets hear It.. tell Us what you hate about this Biz.wesport

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It snows and I have to plow my seasonal contracts!

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Cars (usually taxis) that sneek up on you when you are doing a lot.

People not calling back, signing contracts till the last minute before the snow hits the ground.

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

that i think the day is coming when the plowguy, that plows as his business is going to be extinct.

5. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Well, let's see...Here's a few..lol. The cars that do sneak up behind you on a run...drives me up the wall, Seeing other plowers plow snow into the street...So unprofessional !, Seeing a sloppy job, Seeing a vehicle that is in no way shape or form to be plowing snow, The lonely car that is parked smack dead center of the lot,

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

:gunsfiring: LOWBALLERS!!!!!!!!:gunsfiring:

7. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Not so much the cars but the 3' posts. The same dark brown ones that you stuck an orange stake next to, wrapping both with flourescent tape because you knew it was in a bad spot. Unfortunately the same post that some one stole your brand new stake from removing the flagging tape as well; for who knows what reason. The same one that beat the snot out of your rear bumper which in turn left a large crease in the corner panel. Anyone have a used bumper for an 04 2500HD they want to get rid of?

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

employees that call in sick when its time to plow because they have a hangover or are still too drunk from the night before.

9. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

late payers!:realmad: This year Ive decided to keep a semi truck load full of snow to return to anyones property if someone decides to be late!:nod:

10. cod8825

cod8825 Member

It not snowing enough for my taste. I kinda like moneypayup

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Shopping carts.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sightseers:gunsfiring:

13. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

If they don't remove them before we arrive, they get plowed! When we show up, they come running out the store to collect them. This is at an A&P...

14. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

Cars that park right in my path when piling snow! Then they get pissed cause they have to move their car. Also when they park right in or next to my windrow! They see me, they know I'm plowing, but yet they still park so I have to go around. Then I get complaints that there are boogers on the lot!!!:realmad: :realmad:

Oh yea... I love shopping carts! They're a blast to hit around the lot! Clearly stated in contracts, not responsible for damaged shopping carts.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I don't let the guys wreck the carts after I found out they cost 125 to $200. We get payed well for what we do.

16. stroker79

I LOVE SHOPPING CARTS!

lots of things 001-1.jpg

17. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

How about the cart that's in the middle of the pile that won't be found till spring.

18. stroker79

Hmmmmm how about that?!

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You sure someone wasn't pushing it. LOL

20. stroker79

not sure, lets check snofarmers pedestrian catcher:D