1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What percentage....????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Andy N., Sep 18, 2003.

1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Well, it is almost time to be the one saying, man I can't wait for spring. For now, I am the one saying, I can't wait for winter. They are predicting almost six inches of rain from the hurricane....do you know what that equates to in SNOW? I can imagine it now.

Anyway, my question is.....I am putting together some new contracts for this upcoming season and I am wondering how some of you increase the price as the snow depth increases.

For instance, "price for plowing 2-3" is $100.00
    "Price for plowing 4-6" is $???.??

Do you use a percentage of $100.00 like 15-20% or more. What is a rule of thumb to use on this?

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

depends on what kind of flakes

fluffy =6-7ft
    slush=a couple feet

cha cing

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Just remember that the warm atmosphere can hold more water than cold atmosphere. So if it were to snow, it would have to be cold, so it would not snow as much as you would think, but it still would be alot of snow. :)
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

In answer to your question I use something like:

3" - 6" $100 ($xxx)
    over 6" - 9" 150 ($xxx times 1 1/2)
    over 9" - 12" 200 ($xxx times 2)
    over 12" 200 + $5 an inch over 12"

Others will charge $100 increments ($100, $200, $300, $300 + $5)

Still others will have broader depth ranges or lower triggers.

Depends on the custom in your area.