1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what parts needed for complete plow setup?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jonny72888, Feb 2, 2015.

1. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

Hey guys, after calling around local shops to get a new fisher extreme v I think IM going to try and piece the whole thing together. I told them I dont want it installed and they all make that out to be a big deal. I want to just show up and leave with the pallets.
    They gave me a prices of $5800 installed or $5600 just loaded on to a truck. I also told them I dont need push plates and one shop said they come in the kit and I have to buy them the other took off $200. I understand they want to make money, thats the whole point of being in business. I just dont see where they are getting the numbers from.

Here is a list of parts I know I need.
    Blade 44685-1
    Fish stick 29800
    Head light harness 29400-5
    3 port module 29070-1
    Ive looked on ebay and amazon and the total price for those parts shipped is $4456
    Is that all I need? Im not sure if that has battery power cable to the plow or not. If Im not missing anything then thats a savings of $1k
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well, are Amazon and eBay gunna warranty your issue's?
  3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Is the dealer open during storms? If so just have it installed their so if it hits the fan you have something to fall back on.
  4. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

The last 2 storms they were not open. So is it really worth paying $1000 to have the plow installed?
    the dealer said they warranty the installation not parts, parts go through fisher. I guess I just dont like people working on my truck.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Other point being, dealer support. You buy it from them, you need something down the road they might be more inclined to help you rather than "have to order it"
  6. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

Probably would never go back to them unless it was to buy another plow in 5-10 years, they are several hours away. Im in contact with fisher, they are giving me the list of everything needed.