1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what parts do i need for truck side installation for a HTS

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bebop86, Feb 3, 2015.

1. bebop86

bebop86 Junior Member
    from nj

Guys- I have a HTS plow and called dealer to get truck mount and wires installed and they said 2200!!!!! What parts are needed as that seems awful expensive- Unfortunately I do not have any of the equipment from my old truck- thanks for the help

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

we figure about $460 for a mount, about $550 for wiring, about $450 for labor. that leaves the control if you don't have that, for $368, and the receivers to stick in the mount, if you don't have those, for about $150 for the pair.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

$2200 sounds pretty reasonable when you have no truck side parts at all. Take my word for it.... if you haven't done and install before it will take you 12 hours or more to do the install and that is only if you have the tools and mechanical aptitude to do it. I would want four hours to do this correctly and I do it for a living. If you are installing on a GM with quad lights GM says two hours (flat rate) to replace one driver's side headlight bulb on some models so if you need to unplug and connect all four headlights to the Western harness then good luck when you don't know the tricks. When people buy new plows (complete) we charge between $600 and $1000 for a complete install depending on the plow model. That's when there are no parts involved, the plow comes kit with everything you need so that's just labor. It drives me bonkers to hear operators ask why it takes so long to install a plow but still they come back time after time because they can't do it themselves. I have a 1/4 million $ of tools and years of experience, it costs about $100 per hour to get the benefit of those resources, but it will be done right the first time and done quickly. Expertise is not cheap.