1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What part is this?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SuperdutyShane, Nov 1, 2009.

1. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I know a fair amount about Fishers, and I could just go on their site and look up this part, but I have a couple questions that doing that wont answer.

I know its some sort of spring, but will one for a mm2 fit a mm1? I think it will right?

And, I do need a new one correct? This part is completely necessary right?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I have a minute mount one. It does"t have that spring. Works fine I don"t think you need it
  3. SuperdutyShane

Yah a friend came by to drop off a trailer and I asked him what it was, he said its just to keep the blade in the position it came off the truck in so you dont have to move the headgear for a level.
  4. SuperdutyShane

Thank you quigleysiding.
  5. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Yep, it helps it from falling forward when its not moutned on the truck. May take a little wobble/vibration out of unit when loaded on the rig, but main purpose is when its unloaded i think. Otherwise you need a block of wood to stop it from falling forward when your truck bumps up against it when mounting.
  6. SuperdutyShane

When I take it off I put it into float and push the piston all the way compressed so I have tons of slack in the chain. So I mount I sit on the plow and put my foot on the headgear and push. The pins lock right in, and not too hard to do.

Thanks for that though MRBachand. :waving:
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Mine came off awhile ago on my mm1 and my mm2 doesn't have one, I have no plans on putting it back on, the plow is sturdy when its off and on the truck without it
  8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

It's called a Torsion spring,was only used om MM1 and does what everyone stated above