1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What other services do you offer in winter?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dieselboy01, Jan 23, 2014.

1. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Other then snow removal and salting what other services can be offered in winter? I'm trying to find things to do in between snow events.

I thought about snow fence installation (before it snows) but I don't know if there is a market for it.

I'd like to know of other services that you guys do when it's not snowing.
  2. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of trees..

Last winter i landed and large install job, new trees, shrubs, pavers.. Along with a large tree removal project on same property. It was 100k

This winter.. Another large tree job on 4 apartment complexes.. 65k
    Been so cold and busy with snow we haven't been on it in weeks.. Need to get it done before mulch season starts..

Next winter i would be lucky to land another large project..
    We also do lots of firewood, keeps guys busy..
    Also this winter we are re-habbing a house that i'm trying to sale. Thinking next fall trying to buy a another house to re-hab over the winter..
  3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I sit around with my thumb up my a$$ while watching Jerry Springer and Judge Judy. By doing so, I get people to give me dollars for feeling sorry for myself.

I hear that Grandview sells BJ's when he's not actually out plowing. Seems he has a harem that works for him, and when he's had enough, he rents them out.

I think he's up to about $35 a head right now..

$15 a head if you don't mind Sloppy seconds...

Thumbs Up
  4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I offer a service called ME SLEEPING. Or ME REPAIRING. Also, ME INVOICING. Who the heck has time for anything else this year??
  5. FurFishGame

FurFishGame Member

shoveling roofs good excercise.
  6. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

You need to hook up with Grandview. You would just have to make time to hang out with him due to the fringe benefits of doing so.....

Come on,..... make some time for an old friend, eh ?

7. dieselboy01

Sounds like you need a different hobby, thanks for sharing with the class. Thumbs Up
  8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I draw employment when it is not snowing
    I hunt Its shed season
  9. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Cut and sell firewood and I work a partime job in the winter to make some extra money. Also trying to get some buisness ideas in line for the spring season.
  10. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

Im a general contractor and used to be a painter. So my winters are busy with lots of inside work. Add snow removal to that and who needs to sleep!
  11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

We offer a early am wake-up service.
    The alarm consisted of bright flashing lights to get that circadian clock going and a audible alarm consisting of bangs and scraping noises, that will arouse sound sleepers.
  12. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

i am a full time debt collector trying to get the 80k ppl still owe me from landscaping
  13. CCL Landscaping

CCL Landscaping Senior Member

Hahahaha I hear ya there
  14. dieselboy01

Now that's funny! I guess I can offer that too!
  15. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

Seriously dude, therapy....
  16. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Therapy is way overrated.....

Just like being married.