1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what other parts to replace?`

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mudbugII, Jan 4, 2010.

1. mudbugII

mudbugII Junior Member

okay, posted on here 2 weeks ago or so.....in short, without plow on, raise lever engaged for about 7-8 minutes...smoke was just rolling.

This is an older diamond plow, belt driven, that I converted over to electric; I hooked up electrict motor to pump and everything worked fine for a year till the "accident".

Anyhow, I replaced the motor(burnt the terminal off), solenoid(melted the housing), and control stick (had a NOS spare). If I bridge the wires at the solenoid, the motor will run, but, I am not able to initialize anything from control stick. What parts can I now replace, or is there a way of testing to see what needs replaced? I really don't want to start replacing $85 coils (a,b, and c) just to see if that is the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. mudbugII

mudbugII Junior Member

~~~all fixed!!!~~~

I found my electrical ghosts:

1......a burnt fuse between fusebox and controller that I forgot that I put in and hid inside the dashboard!

2......I didn't know this and maybe it will help some other poor soul.....The solenoid, even though that it has a wire direct to the negative terminal, the device itself must be grounded to the chassis!

While I had everything tore apart, I also replaced the fan clutch...waaayyyy easier than what the manuals all stated....so no more overheating problems...