1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What one??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rush, Oct 10, 2006.

1. rush

rush Member

Both plows are the exact same price installed...
    One is a 3-4 year old Western 7-1/2' standard poly plow and the other is a 2-3 year old 7-1/2' 22 series Sno-way plow.
    Both are in great condition and will come with 1 yr warranty

This is my 1st year plowing. The plow will go on my 94 Chevy k1500.
    I have 3 accounts so far, 2 apartment complexes and one gas station.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

western wiht some timbrens....bigger plow...that 22 is a small plow....good luck

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I 2nd the western.

4. rush

rush Member

Well i was thinking the western too, but others have told me the weight difference for the sno-way might be better for my k1500. The other thing im interestd in on the sno-way is the down pressure for back dragging and i havent confirmed it, but i hear the sno-way will stack the snow higher than the western??..any aditional info would be great..i would like to make my decision on friday.

5. beungood

beungood Member

I have the 8 foot Snoway

I have the 8 foot Snoway with Down pressure and snowfoil and it works great . I plow with a friend who has the other setup and I can stack the snow in a much higher pile and farther back. The down pressure also works pretty good. The set up seems to work a little better than the Western ive used. Only my opionion here though.

Stay safe,

Jack

6. rush

rush Member

I got the model of the sno-way wrong.. I just fount out its a 2590 I guess that stands for 25" tall X 90" wide?

7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

well in that case weight wise i would go withthe snoway but if it were me id still prob get the western lol just b.c ive grown up with them and we all have them on our trucks

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The snoway is the way to go for your truck. The down pressure is the bomb, and once you plow without a chain you'll never want to go back. Stack higher, cuts deeper, rides nicer than anything else around. But not a 22 series, but if it's a 25 series go for it.:waving:

9. rush

rush Member

yeah.. thats what im thinking, i lost out on the Western standard already anyhow, I was taking too much time to decide and it sold.

Right now I have just over 2k to spend on a plow, and doing my best to try and find a decent used setup.