1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What not to do

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TurfKing360, Aug 21, 2008.

1. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

I found these pictures of what one of my EX employees did to a fairly new meyer poly plow. I am a Boss guy and I know this would never happen with a Boss.

100_0288.jpg

100_0289.jpg

100_0290.jpg

2. gkm

gkm Senior Member

wow thats a mess! that had to hurt to get fixed!:yow!:

3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

That wouldn't have happened with a Western plow either.

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

How did that happen? :eek:

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

hell that wouldnt happen to my meyer:nono:

6. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

No one seems to know what the F*@# happened, and as the owner and check writer is baffles me that the operator has no clue how it happened. It cost me a plow. I didn't repair it I replaced it. Needless to say he has a new position in the unemployment line and I got a new Boos 8' Poly striaght blade.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

thats what I dont like about a poly plow. they are pieced together like crap i think.

8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

thats a meyer for ya....

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not all of them. ;)

10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Just Meyer! :rolleyes:

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't say that...

12. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

no good, cant believe he wouldnt tell yea what happened. its one thing to wreck something and take accountability for it but if your that negligent to not be aware of causing that damage or not being a big enough man to take responsibilty you should be fired.

13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

It look like he went to snowpile to fast cause snow fall over snowplow then try get plow out pile cause push rust bolt break.

Or he push too big pile cause poly to more curve but bolt couldn't hold that stress so it end snap.

Where you in? Michigan?

If it was me I would tell I am sorry I would repair this or replace it.

You be surprise what stupid guys do to city's fleets F250 with snowplow. They drive to fast and not let wait for transmission shift . I am surprise it still work.

14. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

Yeah, my experience with meyer is that steel or poly they are junk. You bet your sweet a$$ he was fired, I canned him as he pulled into the shop. Also the pics don't show it but of the 8' cutting edge 3' are missing, again don't know where it is.

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Dang, how do you do that to a plow and lose 3ft of a cutting edge and "not know what happened"??

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

you know something when something like that happens. i blame the driver of the rig and obviously the guy didnt knnow how to plow right. probably smacking banks and curbs. Or did it happen when he backed up and clipped the side of a building and it pulled the poly off the frame. thats what it looks like to me. i feel bad for u turf and for that ford (jk)

17. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

Here we go, bashing Meyer plows, without even knowing what he hit, how fast he was going or anything else.

18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I take it you must have a meyer??

19. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

No way, we dont get snow in this state!:p Perhaps he was doing some plowing on the side, and his gf's driveway had somthing in the middle of it!

20. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

thats why you buy steel plows.