1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What NOT to do when plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by superdog1, Dec 14, 2011.

1. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

LMFAO ! That was on here last year, but it's still funny.

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Hmm Im guessing the 4wd wasnt working for a reason :dizzy:

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Because he forgot to push the button for it.

5. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing. Then his wheel fell off :laughing:

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Ya He blow his U-joint and kept going till the axle shaft snapped off his ball joint nut, and it came apart

7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I'm not laughing, I feel sorry for the poor truck. Could of had a good life in somebody else's care.

8. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

It's hard to believe that he waited until the next day to deal with it. They could have at least hand cleared under the truck & behind, and then thrown a few of those salt bags down that were doing absolutely nothing in the back of the truck, except making it heavier to tow.

9. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

The next day, i dont understand that.

But he snapped off his front wheel. No driving that sucker away.

10. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

You mean CV joint?

I've always wondered what exactly would happen if you kept driving on a failed one.

11. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

Actually those trucks use a wheel bearing/hub assembly.

You can run for a long time with a bad wheel bearing. Eventually it'll start wearing crooked.
    How ever I'm thinking this truck probably blew a ball joint or two to have the wheel so cockeyed.

12. theplowmeister

from MA

I did not say wheel bearing !!!!!! the U-joint brakes and the ears on the axle shaft brake the nut that retains the ball joint to the steering knuckle. that allows the knuckle to come off. and the wheel is attached to the knuckle by the bearing/hub assembly

Most trucks use U-joints, some newer trucks use CV joints

13. stevehawk23

stevehawk23 Junior Member
    from CT

Wow.... Thats all i can say. I drive a wrecker full time and plow when it snows and i cant tell which one was more useless in this video!

14. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Im sure what happened is that he didn't look down when he was reaching to turn down the heat and turned off the 4WD instead. Stinkn' Fords use a switch like the fan switch to control the electronic 4WD. Could be sooooooo confusing:laughing::laughing:

15. theplowmeister

from MA

How does that explain the front wheel falling off?

16. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

That video always gives me a good laugh:laughing:

17. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Are none of you noticing there's no 4x4 stickers on the side of the box? :dizzy:

18. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Worn out ball joints to begin with, the plow just put them over the top. Yet another known ford flaw

19. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

What I want to know is why this idiot was even behind the wheel! I made my wife watch this video. She has never plowed snow a day in her life. I asked her what the guy was doing wrong? Her first comment to me was "Why isn't he going back and forth like all the other plow drivers do?" Now, if my wife knows more than the guy driving the truck, we have an issue, LOl!!

20. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

My truck doesn't have 4x4 stickers on the side of it. It took me about a minute on a sunny day to remove them both. If that was my equipment and I got a call from an employee about this and then found the video on YouTube. Who ever was driving that truck would be looking for another job.