1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What new Technology is out there for you??? (GPS/ Software) Have you been looking?

Discussion in 'Operasoft' started by Operasoft, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Operasoft

Operasoft Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to thank all who pop in a read these Operasoft postings. I have noticed that most don't reply to these threads and that's okay. Maybe it's because I'm still new to the site.

My goal is to have more feedback this time (Hopefully). I feel that it's your feedback that will continue to make us better at what we do. We receive feedback from our awesome group of clients but would also love to hear from new industry members, owners, operators, office staff, everyone that’s part of the team. So here goes!!

What new technology have you looked at to improve your snow / business operations?

Have you giving thought to GPS tracking solutions dedicated towards your industry?

Have you thought about having 1 software in place, rather that going to multiple programs to get your information?

What has stopped you from taking that 1st steps?

If the answer is "Yes" to any of the first 3 questions then your in the right place. Let's all talk about it together!

2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I'll take Door #3.

What do you mean by 1 program\software to get info?
  3. Operasoft

Operasoft Member

Imagine if you were able to manage your quotes, contracts, printing contracts, activate your contracts, apply payments & manage damage claims, contract renewals, see what outstanding, create service calls, validate clients complaints, included maintenance and preventive maintenance that could also encompass GPS tracking, in and out times at client locations, accurate details in case of any Slip & Fall case, being able to see all vehicles progress against their routes in real-time all on one software program!
  4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

OK, I'm imagining. Invoicing too? Or does it interface with QB?

Because I did not renew my KIC program with QX\Alocet because I was sick of the extortion fees. But I do like how it flows with QB.

Time in and time out, does that mean there is a job costing feature?

I don't have time now, and probably won't next week either, but will make a note to give you a call as well as check out your website further.
  5. Operasoft

Operasoft Member

Yes, you can do invoicing and we do interface with QB's as well. Sure give me a call when you have time and we can go over everything! 1-888-986-7372 ext 427
  6. Operasoft

Operasoft Member

Any others here with any questions about the features or functions? Or even what you are looking for in a solution?

Maybe, you have a "must have list" to move forward with a solution. Or perhaps questions on the types of reporting, or how accurate is the GPS details? How often does the Snowflake GPS gives its positions and why?

Is it easy to use? Or the direct question, "how much is this going to cost me??"
  7. Operasoft

Operasoft Member

There is a good article on the "www.goplow.com" called "Take a byte out of fear: snow & ice technology"

Here you may see what is currently out there for you. It's not all of them, but a good start none the less.

8. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

I am interested in gps tracking for my fleet. Something that I can tell how long a guy was on site, when he got there, when he left. a bonus would be if i could find a truck if it were stolen!

what do you have that would fit this? Maybe in the next few years as my company grows i could add application amounts and such for easier invoicing for sand and salt.
  9. Operasoft

Operasoft Member

As a follow up to your requirements, you would fit into our Snowflake GPS tracking & reporting solution.

And when your are ready you may upgrade to our Snowman PRO solution at anytime! Snowman Pro handles, quotes, contracts, renewals, invoicing, payments, maintenance etc...