1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what new plow to buy?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by timewarp, Dec 15, 2007.

1. timewarp

timewarp Junior Member
    from mass

Hi all

If anyone could give me some help on some help on different plows I want to buy.(pros & cons)
    First off, I have a chevy 2500hd crewcab w/z71 pkg., plw pkg. I got a price of a blizzard 8' plow & tailgate sander for 5,500. Then a curtis 8' trip edge and a snow Ex sand pro 1875 for 7000.
    Both of these come with everything and installed what do you think I should do, and are they good deals, or should I go with something else.
    Plowing a 30k sq" lot and some drive ways.

Thanks for anyone that can help me!
  2. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

I have run meyers western and now I am very happy with my 2 blizzards No problems with them at all. if it was between a curtis and a blizzard I would go with the blizzard.
  3. timewarp

timewarp Junior Member
    from mass

Are blizzards better? still need more info

Thanks for that, it starts to put my mind at ease but is that a good deal? And why not curtis?
  4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Have you considered Sno-Way??

Highest stacking capability
    Optional Hydraulic down pressure system
    Optional Wireless Controls
    5 year Structural Warranty

We manufacture receiver spreaders and v-box spreaders as well.

If interested, learn more by clicking on our banner up top.
  5. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

YA IT IS A GOOD DEAL I have seen people up here who plow alot and the curtis just a cheap model plow they have problems with them but that is just me I love my blizzards
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Alot will depend on dealer location too. In event of a breakdown you don't want to drive a long ways to get a part. JMO