1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What needs to be repaired on my plow?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rhino-65, Dec 19, 2006.

1. rhino-65

rhino-65 Junior Member

I just bought a 78 F-150 with a "Frankenstein" type plow. It has a few western parts, but the blade, A-frame and sector are from a Meyer ST-90. The previous owner rigged up some tubular steel to keep the plow from tilting backwards toward the grill. I want the remove this contraption and put it back to original. I know the springs keep the blade from tilting forward, but what keeps it from tilting backwards? Are my pins just worn? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Your stops are broken or your pins and pin holes are shot causing the plow to go back too far.
  3. rhino-65

rhino-65 Junior Member

I apologize for my ignorance, but can these parts be replaced easily? and more importantly, can you describe where these parts are? I have no manual of any kind, and I am a rookie when it comes to plows.
  4. doh

doh Senior Member