1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Moves More Snow..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MileHigh, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I've been used to using a straight blade with wings. I wanna be able to clear lots faster. What moves more snow??...a V-plow with wings or a hydraulic wing plow? Let's say a 8.2 boss v with wings or a 8.6 Blizzard power plow.

Don't tell me to do a search either.Thumbs Up

2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

V-Plow with wings will move the most IMO

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

The only true side by side comparison I have done, is with a Western Wideout & 9.2 Boss. They are real close in volume of snow they carry. The Wideout makes a wider pass though. I think the power plow(wideout,blizzard,xls) would be better for you....in your videos it seems being able to angle in scoop would be very beneficial.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

The Blizzard 8611Lp or PP will do mulch better than a 8.2 V with wings. The 9.2 V with wings I would assume will come closer. I can't stand running my 8.2 V because once I started running the 8611LP the Boss seemed small.

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Obviously it has to be a 9.5' with wings to compare to a 11' blizzard

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

The expandable plow will carry more snow then my 8.5 EXV, but with wings you will be close as others have stated. But the nice thing about expandable is you don't have to take the wings on and off when driving in between jobs. I used to have wings on my straight blade and some accounts it was to much and I had to take them on and off and that got old real quick. Now I can go to any lot or drive with my XLS and have the perfect plow setup.

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

FWIW- Snoway has volume amount claims on their site pertaining to their super duper mega blade with hydraulic wings and both V blade and straight blades. They, obviously, claim to carry a significant amount more than a V blade.

8. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

V-Plow and I have picks to prove it.

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Why didn't you post em? I wanna see this.

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

12. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I think the 8-10 would be faster, and you can drive down the road legally. We all know you wouldn't take the wings off, I wouldn't.

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

14. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

15. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.