1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What mount options, adapter 27170 needed?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by skykingrob, Aug 5, 2012.

1. skykingrob

skykingrob Junior Member

Hi
    I am new member on the forum to hopefully get some answers and not get taken advantage of by a local dealer (maybe he's not trying to do so but it sure feels like it). I have a Western Pro Plow model 60381. It is a uni mount plow. I had it mounted to a 1998 Chevy 1500 extended cab 4X4. I recently purchased a 2006 Chevy 1500 extended cab 4X4. The local dealer removed the old mount from the truck and I have it complete and want to sell it. That is available in southwest Missouri if someone wants it. However, the real reason for the post is to find a way to mount this unimount plow to a new mount on the truck. I am told by the local dealer that I will have to buy an adapter, I assume model # 27170, a new truck and plow side wiring harness, unknown model number, a new ultra mount and various other parts totaling nearly $2500 plus $500 for installation. The plow is only used privately for removing snow from my 3/4 mile long driveway 3-4 times per year so I do not want to buy a new plow with an ultramount mount on it plus the truck ultra mount which is what the dealer wants me to do for only "about $1500 more installed". I have all the old truck and plow side 2 wire wiring.
    Just need some help with straight answers.

Thanks
    Rob
    Missouri

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Might get better answers in the western plow thread.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Might get better answers in the western plow thread. Would it not be cheaper to sell ur old set up complete, and try to find a complete used newer plow that fits ur truck?