1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What mount do i need??? Ford F250 LD 5.8L HEEELLLPPPP!!!! PLEASE.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by soundnstyl, Dec 9, 2010.

1. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

its not a unimount its a conventional cable plow-the old style. the pump and plow lights stay on the truck where the unimount system is all one unit

3. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

It is a conventional Isarmatic cable pump....

did you get the control box with 2 cables for the up/down, left/right function?. As for the mount...looks like it is all there but I couldnt tell you if it fits your rig. Mounting holes line up????

4. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

it came with the joystick controller... no the holes are not lining up. i need a mount for the right year. the mount that came with it was for an 88. i have a 98. any idea WHAT i need?

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That's not the mount for a 92-96 F250, I know that. You might have to "make" something work if you want a conventional plow on that truck, and definitely if you want to do it with that you have there. I have a Unimount mount for your truck if you decide you want to go that route, but you'd need a Unimount blade then too. Good luck.

6. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

guess i will take it to a welder and see if they could fabricate something up for me....

7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

you need a mount for a 98 f250 light duty, which just so happens to be the same as a mount for 98 f150. its that easy...

8. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

That mount is for an 80-91 F-series truck...

I have that exact setup on my 82, and it works great for how beat up it is.

Finding a mount for a 92-96 truck is difficult for sure. I have been looking for one for a while now.

9. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

Yeah, he said LD, in which you'd be right, but they didnt put a 5.8L in the LD F250's

I guess he needs to clarify what he has.

10. thesnowman269

yes they either had the 4.6 or the 5.4

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Except there never was one in a conventional.

12. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

you are correct!... welder said it would be waaayyy too much time to fabricate up a mount. I guess i am on the market for a plow... 98 Ford F250 LD 5.6L Truck... anyone have a plow setup?

13. thesnowman269

5.4L!!!!!! now ur just making up motors!

14. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

5.4 5.6... SAME DIFFERENCE... LOL. Think i found a WAY!!!

15. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

What plow mount do you have? i have a 98 F250 LD.