1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What mount, adapter needed? answers please

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skykingrob, Aug 7, 2012.

1. skykingrob

skykingrob Junior Member

I am new member on the forum to hopefully get some answers and not get taken advantage of by a local dealer (maybe he's not trying to do so but it sure feels like it). I have a Western Pro Plow model 60381. It is a uni mount plow. I had it mounted to a 1998 Chevy 1500 extended cab 4X4. I recently purchased a 2006 Chevy 1500 extended cab 4X4. The local dealer removed the old mount from the truck and I have it complete and want to sell it. That is available in southwest Missouri if someone wants it. However, the real reason for the post is to find a way to mount this unimount plow to a new mount on the truck. I am told by the local dealer that I will have to buy an adapter, I assume model # 27170, a new truck and plow side wiring harness, unknown model number, a new ultra mount, unknown model number and various other parts totaling nearly $2500 plus $500 for installation. The plow is only used privately for removing snow from my 3/4 mile long driveway 3-4 times per year so I do not want to buy a new plow with an ultramount mount on it plus the truck ultra mount which is what the dealer wants me to do for only "about $1500 more installed", $4,000 total. I have all the old truck and plow side 2 wire wiring.
    Just need some help with straight answers.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum!
    yes, to mount unimount plows on newer trucks does take quite a bit of stuff, but the math doesn't sound quite right, and there are a couple of different ways to go.
    First off their price for a whole new plow, (you said 2500 + 500 + 1500 = $4000, but that's actually $4500), is actually low. Should be more in the $5000 ballpark installed.

Secondly, they are talking about converting the relay wiring plow over to isolation module wiring, because the relay wiring is not available anymore from Western. However you can still find relay wiring around (we still have a few kits on the shelf).

So, to answer your questions on what part numbers it would take (figuring all new isolation module wiring, like they were talking):
    67960-1 mount and 27170 ultra/uni adapter (should be about $675)
    wiring for the truck: 29070-1 module, 29048 h/l harness kit, 28055 wring kit, 56131k-2 solenoid, and 22511 little battery cable (should be about $525)
    to convert the plow w/ new lights: 64100 lights, 26359 harness to the coils, and I usually figure the shorter light brkts in case you have the real tall ones (63532 & 63533 for two each), about $365
    That's a total of about $1565, and we figure $400 for labor to install it all.

another option is rewiring your original Western lights with a 26377 harness instead of replacing them. that would save $100 or so.
    Another option is going with relay wiring, while anyone still has it. that would be about $1400 total in parts with the new 64078 lights (so you'll have high beams on the plow lights with your truck), or about $1030 if you don't change the lights on the plow (won't have high beams on plow lights).

I'm Neal, parts manager at Truck Equipment Inc, in Des Moines. you can call and ask for me at 800-373-2887 if I can help you in any way. thanks!
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

If this is the old body style, which it should be, we have a relay system that will work.
  4. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I have the mount, wiring, and front and rear timbrens that I took off of my 02 Chevy avalanche of your interested.
  5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

99-02 wiring is different than 03-06 wiring.
  6. tanker2221

tanker2221 Junior Member
    from ohio

avalanche mount

do you still have the the 02 avalanche mount and wiring? im intrested