1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What model Western spreader is this can't find it.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Grandstander, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Grandstander

Grandstander Junior Member

I recently bought a truck and plow combo and the guy I bought it from just gave me this for nothing.

The only thing I could find was a motor model number 65061 that fits the spreader. It has a mounting bracket on the back and looks like its in pretty decent shape.

How many amps does this motor draw? I am assuming its all 12volt and that I could just hook it up to an inverter to test it out.

What is something like this worth? I have a person already wanting to buy it but I don't have the truck side wiring unit for it.

What control unit will operate this spreader and way to test the motor without frying it.

Thanks in advance:)

spreader 1.jpg

spreader 3.jpg
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Old school, I know as of a couple years ago parts were still available.

It is a early model tailgate spreader.
  3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I've got the same thing. Wish i could tell you something about it other than it throws stuff out and i dont use it much. :laughing: If i used it more i'd be getting a new one. Hopefully someone can chime in and let you know more about it. So far i havent had to track any parts down for mine!