1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What model plow is this?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nailerdog, Dec 26, 2014.

1. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

This plow came on a truck that I recently purchased. I has been refinished and appears to be in pretty good shape. The truck it came on was a 1997 Ford F-250 (old body style) Michigan DNR truck and looks to have been on since new.

The mount is an original minute mount and the pump appears to be the Solenoid Electric Power Pak? The controller is the Fish Stick versus joy stick.

The mold board is 7.5' wide and 27" high. Doesn't appear to match up with anything I can find on the Fisher website. Is it maybe a Speedcast on a MM1 mount system?

Everything works good but I want to get the correct jack handle and a snow flap or sno-foil. Also need to flush fluid etc.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Plow left side.jpg

Plow right side.jpg

Plow pump.jpg

Headgear serial.jpg

1997 F-250.jpg

2. jimbo64

jimbo64 Senior Member

That truck looks to be in very good shape. Probably would be a good idea to contact Fisher direct. With those pics and serial #'s they should be able to give you the info you want.

3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

Its definitely a mm1 says it on the lift arm. I would guess its the rd model plow.

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Definetly a minute mount 1 7.5 foot.Are you looking for the whole jack or just the handle?

5. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

I haven't been able to determine how a MM 1 jack works by the manual online. The part with the foot is there but nothing to raise it by any mechanical means. I need everything but the jack stand itself. Just using a pin to support it in the up position as well as the down.

Any explanation of how it's supposed to function would be great.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdffiles/28374.04_091509_for_Web_11x17.pdf

Should be a small spring loaded handle that locks the jack in place. They fall by gravity and you have to lift them up by hand. Nothing mechanical to lift or lower jack.

7. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

I have all but parts 9,10 and 11.

8. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

looks like you would use the release rod to lever it up if you needed to raise it to release pins?

The mold boars is 27" tall could this be an RD 7.5' with that mold board height.

I want to be sure and order the correct parts.

Thanks

9. kimber750

You drop the jack then push headgear towards truck to release the pins. That parts poster is for the MM1 headgear, enlarger it to get the part numbers.

10. kimber750

11. jimbo64

jimbo64 Senior Member

12. jimbo64

jimbo64 Senior Member

I almost think it's all there. If you have the pin to hold the jack up then you pull the pin to let the jack down and replace the pin when it's down. You use your hand to raise the jack after you are mounted to the truck.

13. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The MM1's used a release rod to "set" the jack stand when removing the plow. After the jack stand is manually lowered to the ground, the release rod is used to relieve the pressure from the attaching pins, by engaging it in one of the holes in the jack stand, and levering down on the A-frame. Once the pressure on the pins is released, they are manually pulled from the vehicle mount. If you're on a nice level surface, like the guy in the video which was posted, you can usually get away without using the release rod. The right amount of pressure on the headgear will often suffice to release the pressure on the pins. However, it is nice to have the release rod to set the stand in many situations.

See page 14 here:

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdffiles/21462_110198.pdf

See page 2 here for a parts list which shows the release rod, which was furnished with all MM1 plows:

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdffiles/22228_030402.pdf

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  14. cubicinches

After re-reading your posts, it sounds like you may be missing the spring loaded jack lever/pin assembly. I'm not certain by reading your posts. Look at page three of the second link in my previous post. It shows a detailed diagram of the lever/pin assembly which locks the jack stand in both the raised and lowered positions.

15. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

Thanks Cubicinches

You are correct about the parts I need. I ordered them last night, all three pieces. I do have the release rod and figured out how to use it.

Any thoughts about witch moldboard I have? I want to order a flap kit or Snofoil. It's 7.5' in width and 27" tall. Doesn't seem to fit dimensions for either RD or HD. That's what had me thinking maybe a Speedcast?

Thanks

16. cubicinches

It's definitely an RD. RDs were 26" tall, if I remember correctly. Yours looks like it's has a cutting edge added. They weren't standard equipment, so that could account for the additional inch in height. Back then, it was either an RD or a HD. The HDs were 29" tall without a cutting edge, and they didn't make the HD in 7.5' back then either. Only 8' and 9'.

17. chevyzrule810

If you watch the video kimber posted when he is mounting it after he plugs the electrical connections in he pulls a lever and lifts the jack up that's the jack your talking about.Whenever you remove the plow always make sure the release handle locks in place in one of the holes.The same goes for when you mount the plow.Make sure the release handle is locked in place,otherwise the jack could drop to the ground and you could start dragging it on the ground

18. chevyzrule810

If your taking it off outside put a piece of wood under the jack I use a square of plywood under mine to keep the headgear level so you don't have to wrestle getting it on the truck.The plywood also keeps the jack from freezing to the ground.

19. jimbo64

jimbo64 Senior Member

Lots of good info cubicinches, I definitely learned something new today. In the past I've had a used Fisher straight blade (as well as most of my friends). Had a manual printed from Fishers web site for my 9' straight blade but don't remember seeing anything about a jack handle. One thing I did have that came in very handy was a pin puller that my buddy made for me.

20. cubicinches

Fisher made a pin puller that was was a great little tool. They came as standard equipment on the older conventional plows, as the "push beam", on which the pins were located, was mounted much further under the truck than today's truck mounts. Getting under the truck to release the pins was a pain. Back when I started in this business, I had all Fisher conventional mount plows. Of course, back then they weren't referred to as conventional mount... that's just all there was, as fully detachable headgear was not to be even thought of for at least another ten years. I've been in the snowplow and plowing business longer than I care to think about. ;)