1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what model of meyer plow is this?????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 1982atm, Dec 23, 2010.

1. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

this was on a truck i bought and was wondering what model it is and can i add wings to it?

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

2. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not positive, but I'm thinking that is a 'C' series plow. Likely an 8 or 8.5' plow? They made lots of them over the years, so there were some small changes along the way, hence why I'm not certain which one it is.

3. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

im almost positive i measured it at 7'6"...... can i add wings to it? and how?

4. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

The C series came as small as a 7'6" model. Look HERE for diagrams comparing the various Meyer's plows. As far as wings go, you'll be into drilling at minimum, welding and fabricating maybe, depending on what type of wings you wish to put on it. Keep in mind that will also add to the weight and width of the plow, so hopefully the plow truck will also be able to handle that increase as well.

5. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

its a 1991 gmc k2500 reg cab long bed so it should be ok

6. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Just add the Buyers wing kit From Northern Tool and You will be very happy. i have 2 sets now, takes a few hours to mount. I believe that it is a C-series because of the 4 spring setup and the larger sector.

7. wva

wva Member

:waving:
    it's a c7.6 as it is boxed around the pivot tube on the blade