1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What mini light bar are you running?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Cond Enterprise, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Looking at getting a new light for the truck,I seem to be leaning toward the Axixtech Falcon. Strobesnmore has it for a reasonable price and the design seems pretty cool. I dont want to spend a ton and think its got more than enough light output for the cost. Any other suggestions ?

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

A couple of questions first:

1) How much do you want to spend?

2) Do you want LEDs or are you open to strobes or halogen rotators?

3) Do you have any overhead clearance issues?

4) Permanent or magnet mount?

3. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I've got a Whelen mini century 16". American made, 5 year warranty.

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I have a whelen guardian with the strobes. very nice mini.

5. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

i got the axixtech mb30 mini light bar from strobes n more. I love it, its small and is very bright and is cheaper than the falcon

6. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Looking at led mostly,I used to have a Whelen Edge 6 head strobe lightbar. This new truck is gas and only has one battery so I want to keep the draw low. Way back in the day I ran a Federal Highlighter halogen rotator, that truck had dual batteries. I was watching some youtube videos and some of the lesser name units just look cheaply made but they try to gry over 300.00 for a 18" bar.......:nono:

7. dodgegmc1213

throw a second battery in and make it a dual set up, that's what ima do because I have a lot of lights plus a plow and salter

8. Too Stroked

Does your truck have the Ford Upfitter Switch panel?

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Whelen responder lp.

10. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Didn't come with upfitters,couldn't believe the fully loaded truck didn't have them.....no nav,no power moonroof....:confused:

11. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Whelen Edge 9000 Old unit but works good.

12. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

we have 2 of the falcons, great lights, nice and bright. we also have 1 mini century, same deal as the falcon really bright and nice

13. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

14. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

I checked out the Axixtech MB30 ,man that thing is tiny! I have a light plate on my Pro Rack that is 16" x 7" so I'm gonna order the Falcon. The price difference is 25.00 and it keeps my total cost under 300.00 That mini bar is super bright, just dont want to stick it to my roof.

15. dodgegmc1213

you can get the permanent mount for the mb30 but might look stupid on a plate that's a lot bigger lol the only thing I don't like about it is that the magnets or the permanent mount only screws into plastic, it makes its own threads type of deal

16. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

17. Too Stroked

If you need any help or advice on your installation, PM me. I've done a ton of installations on Super Duty trucks.

18. Gaston

Gaston Junior Member

try LED'S

Are you open to LED'S?? Just up-graded to a Warrior 24" LED LightBar by LUMAX and although I haven't tried it out in real snow yet, it looks really bright and way increases the visibility I had with the regulars. I bought mine here,
    http://www.emergencylightsunlimited.com/products/led-lightbars.html
    they have them all on sale now but the do have a maximum quantity per buyer. Either way I would definitely stick to LED'S especialy where visibility is an issue. They make great rear lighting.

19. IllinoisPS

IllinoisPS Junior Member

Feniex Cobra Mini Light bar.

20. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

Whelen mini justice.