1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What method of advertising works best?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by OneBadDodge06, Nov 27, 2007.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I really like sub'n.....been doing it for 6 years along with a few of my own contracts. Its great....no billing, no mad people screamin in my ear, no going to court and all that good stuff.

In the future tho I'd like to perhaps get a few more of my own.....what has worked the best for you?

2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Comm or Resid?

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Commercial....I loathe residential with every cell in my body.

4. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

For large commercial (large shopping centers, office buildings, etc.) I'll "cold call". I'll write down the address, name of the building (if applicable), and the phone # on the "For rent/lease" sign, then call and ask to speak to the person in charge of that facility. If I am forced to leave a message, I at least at that point have the name of who to speak to and keep calling until contact is made. For smaller jobs (single stores, dr. office, diner/restruants) I just go inside and ask to speak to the owner. Sometimes it takes some professional persistence and alot of leg work, but it will usually pay off in the long run. And BTW, residentials aren't as bad as you think, you just have to be careful and use good character judgement in choosing your clients. If you have someone that is a real PITA, as long as they are not in a seasonal contract, advise them that you will no longer be able to service them. If you are bound by a contract, offer to buy them out. Sometimes I would rather take a little hit in the wallet, than deal with a persistently aggrivating client. Happy plowing!!

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes:I second that.

Advertising methods
    1.Word of mouth.
    2. Have friends that sell/manage commercial proprieties.(Realtors)
    3. Network/talk with the other plow jockeys.
    4. Once and a while I'll run a add in the paper for a month or two in the fall or early winter