1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What makes of ATV's used to plow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Team_Yamaha, Sep 27, 2003.

?

Makes of ATV's used to plow with??

1. Yamaha

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Honda

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Polaris

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Susuki

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Arctic Cat

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Kawasaki

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I was just sitting here screwing around on the site and began to wonder, for those of you that use ATV's in your plowing operation what makes do you use??

2. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I bought a Honda last year, Foreman ES. My next one will definetly be the Artic Cat set up by B&M Equipment with the Trynex spreader and plow already on it.

3. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I have a yamaha grizzly which I love the thing will go anywhere and with the oncommand 4x4 and the auto trans its a joy to ride.But when I wanna go fast I have my banshee!I dont use the grizzly for plowing I use a CJ-5 with a 6.5' meyers.

4. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Anyone use or heard of using an ATV exclusively to plow driveways? (trailer it to jobs, no plow on truck)

-John :cool:

5. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

We use one of these Polaris 6 wheelers for side walks. It needs a new blade:gunsfiring: It's had a bath since last winter also.:eek:

64719514ufqmih_ph.jpg

6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Phillyplowking, what year Banshee do you have? I always liked the Banshee. When I was younger, I had a new 1988 Yamaha Blaster. It was all white with blue trim in the middle and yellow shocks, it looked really cool I thought. Then I had a new 1991 Kawasaki KX80 dirtbike that I rode the crap out of. After that I had a 1993 Suzuki QuadRacer 250. That thing was a real nice machine, and 1993 was the last year it was produced, we bought the last new one available around here. We had a few snowmobiles also. I love quads and dirtbikes, oh and snowmobiles too. :drinkup: Mike

7. phillyplowking1

Mike its a 97 its bored 60 over,vitos clutch,fmf exhaust, pro-flow with k&n, carbon fiber reeds, milled head, trinityracing stage iv single 33mm carb, trekkers on douglas 190 rims, dg bumper and full skids.Its my baby.

banshee 2.jpg

8. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I also have a Banshee its a 2001 with Dynoport 2into1 pipe, K&N air filter, severely shaved head (about .060), thin base gaskets, exhaust ports are cut. Right now both clys. have 145 psi, not bad since the motor has never been rebuilt still all stock Yamaha parts inside the jugs, when it was brand new after the little hop-ups it had 172 psi. I run Bandit XCR 23X7X10's (6plys) up front, Bandit XC 20X10X9's (4plys) out back, all tires mounted on Douglas .190 rims, and Sand Devil 20X10X10's on Douglas .190's for our trips to the dunes, also run Armadillo swing arm skid plate. I have 3 different swingarms for it also, a -2", stock, and +4". Its still very fast, but is starting to get a little tired:( . Other that the Shee I have the Grizzly and Kodiak (both company owned;) ) and a 2002 Raptor with Trinitys 686 big bore kit and also Trinity's pipe, with Denton Racing a-arms (+1,+2), Elka shocks all the way around, also run same rims and tires as the Shee

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Wow! You guys have some mean sounding Banshees!! Thats a really nice looking Banshee in the picture above. Which quad do you guys think is faster in a drag race STOCK FOR STOCK, a new Raptor or a new Banshee? I know the Raptor is a 4 stroke and the Banshee is a 2 stroke, but Im curious which one has a higher top speed. Mike

10. phillyplowking1

In speed i think the banshee and the raptor is about the same .Im really considering getting a new Yamaha Yzf 450 they are suppost to be the fastest,they only weigh 350 lbs.

11. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yea, that does sound like it will be a serious quad when it does come out. Actually it may be out already, I see it listed on Yamaha's web site. Price is $6900. www.yamaha-motor.com. I have always been a 2 stroke fan myself though. As far as snowmobiles go though, I LOVE the RX1 sled and its a 4 stroke. When I say love, Im just referring to looks. I never saw or heard one run yet. I have read up on them somewhat though on the www.rx1.info message board. It seems some of them have overheating issues and some have stalling problems going up steep inclines. That would suck after spending $9k on one of them. Mike