1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What make of truck and why

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by slclawn, Dec 16, 2009.

1. slclawn

slclawn Member
    from IN

What make of truck would you guys suggest for plowing and pulling i am looking for a diesel. I would like to hear what you have to say or your opinions. Thanks
  2. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Not this again, are you serious??? :dizzy:
  3. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

have you used the search method...this thread has been done several times
  4. Premier

Premier Senior Member

:laughing::laughing: thats what i was thinking...
  5. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

I heard honda ridgelines make a great plow truck....
  6. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

suzuki samarai with a 3 foot dump body. only way to go for larger commercial accounts.
  7. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

john deere xuv!!! everyone here is going to be biased to 'their brand' and your never going to get a straight answer. specify if you are looking for a one-ton dump or a single wheel PU. what size plow? sander? how much weight are you towing? 10,000lbs?
  8. martyman

martyman Senior Member

9. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I love it!
  10. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Personally for pulling and plowing everything and anything, I would buy a FWD truck (FWD is the company name). They are made in Clintonville WI.
  11. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Get an 6x6!!!
  12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

You joke, I once had an arguement with a female customer when we were talking about how my truck needed a xxx (I forget what it was, it was minor). She made a comment about my truck being old (the '90 GMC crewcab diesel dump) and said I should just replace it, her suggestion was....dum dum dum!!!! A HONDA RIDGELINE! :laughing: :laughing:

I gave her one of those sick-dog kinda looks, laughed, and TRIED to explain that they were in no way even comparable and on she went about how they are the greatest truck on the road... sigh... I just said I'd look into one and see if it was in the budget, just to shut her up.
  13. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Yah I've heard those ridglines come standard with a kabicthayahoosa diesel!! Great stuffpurplebou
  14. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Osh Kosh or nothing.... Go big or go home..

Use the search function. Where do you people come from? This question wouldn't go over well in a bar, it sure won't go over good on any board on the net.
  15. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

geo tracker...perfect sidewalk machine
  16. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Well I took some time to think this over while at work today, I'm gonna have to change my mind and say you go with a KIA Sportage. Go strait to the deal and tell them you want the optional 9 foot Fisher M/C Blade, Don't take no for an anwser!
  17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Toyota Prius- those electric motor's have 100% Torque at all RPM's.
  18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I was thinking something more to the effect of a mini-cooper....small, compact, great visibility..... with a nice 9' Fisher on the front- that' ought to do it!:laughing:
  19. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

You make a good point, i forgot how efficiant those were. Is it to late for me to change my answer?