1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What make is the best bang for the buck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by drivewaydoctor, Dec 13, 2008.

1. From a commercial plowing standpoint I am wondering what MFG you all feel is the best bang for the buck in terms of plows. I'm talking parking lots done with 1/2 and 1 ton trucks. No streets and loaders.

Looking forward to probably a very wide rang of opinions on this topic.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Wouldnt it be easier to do a search for all the past discussions/arguments about which is the best blade?

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

probably depends on your loaction......here in my town Meyer is the best buy bc everyone has one and the parts/plows are easiest to get..

4. nekos

nekos Senior Member

the best blade / plow is the one you can get parts for at 4:30 am.

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

when the reports call for enough snow for trigger, my dealer opens up, no matter what time. they'll provide full service for you.

6. nekos

nekos Senior Member

the place i use to go , the owner would sit in his little shack drinking coffee and picking his nose while laughing at the 20 trucks waiting outside trying to get parts/service. for some reason he likes to wait and extra 15 minutes to open after a big storm also. :realmad::realmad::realmad:

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

^HAHA, im glad i have a really good dealer, and i know a bunch of the guys personally as well. they are by no means the cheapest dealer here, but the quality and level of service they offer is equal to none.

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have said it before.....Dealer support is MORE important then brand