1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What low beam bulbs are used in the 08+ boss plow?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

i took mine out, one is bad, it looks like it says H13? but its "globe" shaped? It may also say 613 not "H" 13. and another side says HIR2....

I'm going to replace the lows in this one plow with an HID kit.

2. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

HIR is the bulb that come factory 9005 is the equivalent

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

cool thanks.

4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to install HID bulbs in my plow as well. Do you know which bulbs your going with? Thx!

5. ihdriver7088

i did just the low beams with a set from ebay 60-70 bucks 9005 6000k white debating on going to 8000 for the more blue hue so it might cut thru a heavy snow at night

6000k are plenty bright (my high beams are useless now lol) and i like them so far i have 8000k in my trucks headlights and they cut thru snow alot better than 6000k

6. Boss headlight bulbs 2008+

Low beam headlight is HIR2 and high beam is H9. Go to the Boss website, click on their parts poster, click on the headlight housing.

7. I fail to understand how a whiter or a bluer light would help you see better in a white blueish condition, you are making the snow brighter. Amber, gold or yellow do a lot better job of cutting thru snow, fog, or rain.

8. ihdriver7088

everyones vision is different i run hids on my farm equipment so my eyes have adapted to the light in a way