1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What liquid to use????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowguys, Jan 30, 2014.

1. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

So I can pick up two differnt liquids

Magnesium/calcium chloride for .60 a Gallon or

Potassium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride and Sodium Chloride
    For .99 a gallon

What would be the real different between the two I'm looking for anti ice and de iceing liquid

Thanks Brian

2. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

Im no expert with liquid I just started this year. I used all the expensive stuff mixed beet juice, different cholorides, different organics all the foo dust stuff. The stuff that works the best and its cheap is well brine. 30 cents a gallon, you use about 100 gallons per acre, its a lot slower than salt and you can't burn off snow like salt so you have to plow inch.

Michigan chloride 800-286-7312

3. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

I'm not looking to burn off a inch of snow looking for something to spray before a storms hits and after we plow

4. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

well brine is perfect for that. I had bad lucky with the organics it stains everything and I had people upset with the tracking. Well brine is milky clear and doesn't stained.

Works well at burning off after you plow, but I prefer salt but its getting hard to find.

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Give Sicalco a call or email. They use to be a sponsor on here. Liquidow. Blend with salt brine. Works great. 90/10 is how I use it. 90% salt brine 10% liquidow. Total mix cost? .18 cents per gallon

6. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

Thanks kubota for the pm back and the reply on here I'm just trying to get by this winter with using less salt and wanna get really into it next winter

7. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Set yourself up with a brinemaker over the summer make and store some brine. Blend it with well brine or liquidow (I prefer) and save yourself some big money. I cut my salt use by 50-70%. Now I have 3 different melters to chose from so I can maximize my profits depending on each type of storm.