1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what lights would you suggest for an ATV

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by hondapro4004x4, Feb 7, 2010.

1. hondapro4004x4

hondapro4004x4 Junior Member
    from Vermont

hi i do quite a bit of plowing with my ATV. It is a 2006 Honda Rancher 400 AT. I have been thinking about adding some strobes to it for a while now. I just dont know what lights to add. I dont know if i want regular strobes or LED strobes. I would like to be able to keep them on year round. They dont have to be hide-a-ways but i would like them to be pretty low profile. i would like for them to be amber. so what do you guys think?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Either the lin 3s or the whelen 360 I think it is. The single stack led overheard. Its about 5 inches in diamiter. And can be mounted onto a pole.

3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Do you have any storage boxes on it?

4. hondapro4004x4

from Vermont

yes i have a fairly big storage compartment at the rear of the ATV.

5. hondapro4004x4

from Vermont

also what would you guys suggest for auxilary lights? i would like to have 2 lights on the front to shine over the plow and have 1 light in the back so i can see back there too. do you think that my ATV battery could handle 3 auxilury lights plus strobe lights plus using a winch to lift the plow blade......thanks for your help

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Eh. I think your gonna start hurtin that little battery.

7. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Ian not an atv guy and this is more of a question than a suggestion, but couldent you pit a bigger battery in the storage box and hook up the alternator to that and everything else, or would the alternator not be strong enough??? Like I said Ian not an atv guy.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Then the alt. Would be working overtime.