1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What lights to mount on my tractor

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by serafii, Sep 7, 2015.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've posted. But winter prep had been on my mind and had a question for you guys.

I have a 2007 new holland tn95da with a 7-11 extendable plow mounted up front. I'm having an issue with the height of the headlights.

I was thinking of building a bracket of some sort on the front of my plow mount, disconnecting the original headlights and use some other lights.

I was first thinking of using the intensifier lights but they seem a little too big. How about the Meyer nite sabers?

Any of ideas guys?

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Might want to look into led lights.

3. serafii

serafii Senior Member

4. serafii

serafii Senior Member

I already have work lights. But not allowed to drive with them on public roads.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Huh? Led driving lights

6. serafii

serafii Senior Member

I need turn signals and built in as well

7. serafii

serafii Senior Member

The problem isn't the light output. It's the height of the headlights. With the plow up, I have zero lights upfront. The plow covers everything

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Don't you have turn signals on the roof? A couple Led's would work quite well if aimed properly.

9. serafii

serafii Senior Member

I do have signals, but mounting 2 led work lights up front are are not considered headlights and therefore can't drive with them. DOT regulations don't make sense