1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what lift frame?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by m2low, Jan 14, 2009.

1. m2low

m2low Member

I have a ez mount classic for a 1990 suburban - or if you think of the pre1987 chevy trucks - the suburban didnt change body style til later - I have the holes to accept a new style tubular lift frame - I want to know if they are all different sizes or all the same size for width and height? should I look for any style hoop mount, or do I have to get a specific width? and does anybody have one rotting away they would like to unload, dont need any parts on it, and I will most likely paint it anyhow... here is a pic of the current setup that I have and want to change to the quick release for the summer to not have plow lights or pump on year round. hopefully this will let me put a bumper back on the front of the truck also 0 get rid of some of the ugly.. :p
    [​IMG]

2. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Check on eBay, there's always a couple for sale on there. There's two sizes, one for the 6 footers, and one for the fullsize plows. Type "meyer hoop" when you search on eBay. That's a unique setup you got there! :salute:

3. m2low

m2low Member

unique is a good word for it :D haha - I did the search there, and I found 2 hoops, both the same size, but it says will fit smaller trucks - I guess I will just have to get off my butt and go measure the width between my mount receivers... going to do a major overhaul of the truck this spring and this is on the list to get the plow mount updated and looking nice also, and a bumper back on. also want to convert to the slick stick control - this should be a direct wire in for the E-47 pump right? just buy the new control and new wiring harness and its a go? I want some reliability out of my setup, the rest is holding up great, needs paint and some leaky fittings nothing to bad but going to go through it all....