1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What length cables for F350???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 20Silverado05, Feb 4, 2010.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Hey guys, I'm doing a 6 head strobe install on this F350 soon and was wondering who has installed on a truck like this and what lenght cables to get to the front headlights, taillights, and third break light? Thanks for the help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

depends where you are mounting the power supply but seeing as its a 4door id go with atleast 20ft cables all the way around.. i used the 25ft on my truck and another f350 the same as mine and they were about 7or 8 ft too long so id say minimum 20ft for the front and rear and you could probably get away with a 10 or 15 ft on the third brake light..

3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

I use 20' and 25' on all fullsize trucks. I don't know about the third brake light.

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

15' for the headlights can be done but you have to run it thru the cab on the passenger side front. Under the piece of plastic and thru a hole in the fire wall

5. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Thank you, still waiting for nice weather to do the install

6. firemt036

firemt036 Junior Member

definatly 20 had to send the 15's back too short

7. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I got away with 15 with power supply under my seat. I don't have a crew cab long bed but I do have a super cab long bed

8. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Have crew cab used 15' for the rear lights and 20' for the front lights mounted power supply behind the rear seat and ran cable through floor there are rubber plugs under the carpet to run wires through. I ran this set up and 2 crew cab F350's