1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What led grille lights to get?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by deere615, Dec 31, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I think I want to add 2 led lights to the grille of my chevy. Most likley whelen, but doesn't really matter. I sorta want them to have an amber lense so the look amber not clear when off. Unless it would be better to put them behing the grille? Which ones are the nicest/best deal. And who to buy from? I have brought from strobes n more before. Also how do I get them mounted on/behind the grille?

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

www.strobesnmore.com ussmileyflag
    top picks

Whelen
    1-LINZ6 $84.99
    2-LIN4 $59.99
    3-LIN3 $55.99
    4-TIR3 $49.99

3. deere615

Yeah I was looking at 2,3,4. I might just go with te tir3. How do I mount them on my grille?

4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

depends whatdose your grill look like

5. deere615

STock 03 grille:
    22d4_3[1].jpg

22d4_3[1].jpg

6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

basically what you would need to do is make or purchase a plate(mounting bracket) and "sandwhich" the lights around the grille
    put the tir3 or whatever light you choose on one side of the grille run the 2 screws and wiring through the grille and screw off to the plate which is on the other side of the grille
    www.galls.com sells a bracket for this its 9.99 and is part# gr254

7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

also, if you mount the lights on the outside of the grill, go with LIN lights. If you mount them behind the grill, go with the TIR type.

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I would say the TIR3, and then a plate or maybe zip tie? Plate would be the better option though.

9. deere615

Ok I am thinking I will just make a little plate or bracket. I am thinking it might just be better to put them on the inside of the grille

10. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

go with the lin 3 here is a way behind the grill mount that to the support for the tranny cooler
    [​IMG]

11. deere615

Hey thanks for the picture, I might mount them like that