1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kit is this guy running on his Highbeams

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kyler, Apr 7, 2009.

1. kyler

kyler Member
    from bristol

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I am pretty sure its a generic headlight/halogen flasher. Bluenterprise would know. He does alot of stuff with lights on here. I am not sure if you would need a DRL headlight flasher or not. Being its a chevy and the DRLs are in a seperate housing I would think not.

3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

Its just a HLF.

be sure to read your local laws really close. In my area its very illegal unless youre rig is a certified emergency vehicle.

4. kyler

kyler Member
    from bristol

so a regular HLF will do the pattern he has? did you guys notice there is a pattern to his Highbeams? I will try and PM "bluenterprise"

5. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

sound off has a solid state headlight flasher that has 5 different flash patterns.

6. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

7. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

groundbreaker is right anything clear that flashes alternate of each other like a wig-wag flasher is very very illegal. now if you use amber bulbs from what i know they can do anything that you could possibly think of

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

The headlight flasher that he's using is a deluxe wig-wag flasher. You can get them from almost any PSE place. I agree that it's ILLEGAL to have clear flashing and if you would put ambers in they can't say a word.

I don't know if you guys noticed but with all that lighting on his truck, He's a Fire Fighter! That's how he's getting away using the Wig-Wags on the lights.

9. kyler

kyler Member
    from bristol

so what difference is a wig wag flasher "clear alternating lights" from clear strobes up front? not saying I am going to be using this I was just curious as I have never see wig wags do that...and I didn't ask if they were legal just wanted to know if you guys have see them or know what brand thanks for the replies though

10. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

First laws very state by state... Many construction vehicles have clear hide aways (clear alternating lights) in their headlights so again check local laws. Second if you are using them off of the public road way you are fine you can run red and blue lights on private property as long as you don't activate them while on public roads. I know that someone is going to come up with some argument over what I just stated. I know I am still new to the law enforcement community however after a year and half on the force and a member of our traffic unit i do know a little about vehicle lighting.

11. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

Not in California

In my state Its illegal to have a wig wag pattern in the headlight housing, no matter the color. They have to flash at the same time, or be mounted outside of the headlight housing. I have written tickets to plow rigs for having HAWs in there headlights.

I am a 7yr veteran of our traffic team, and am now a sector captain. I don't write as many tickets anymore, but I still do plenty of traffic stops.

You need to check your LOCAL/STATE law, don't listen to some person on the internet.

12. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

When your on Private Property you can run anything your heart desires. On roadways for the majority of the states you can have flashing or strobed headlights if the vehicle is NOT in motion. In motion...That's where you have to check.