1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of tires do you run

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by firstclasslawn, Nov 1, 2005.

?

What kind of tires do you run WHILE PLOWING

Poll closed Nov 11, 2005.
  1. Snow Tires (cooper m+s or bizzark.........ect)

17 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. All Terain Tires (bfg all terrains or goodyear at/s ....ect)

55 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Highway tires (cooper discover h/t ........ect

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Mud tires........heaven forbid

9 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Just wondering what kind of tires you guys run WHILE PLOWING

2. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Usually Run Snow Tires, But Last Year, They Didn't Make Winter Tires To Fit My 18" Rims, So I Had To Go All Winter With All Season Tires. Performed Better Than I Thought They Would.

3. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Love these lots of sipes great traction and I get more than 50k miles out of them. I have 15" with LT rating and in my area $ 400 out the door with everything. 18 months later had a slight shimmy and the rebalanced all for free. They kick but in rain also, Reids tires in my area does great customer serice.

4. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

5. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

I use rubber tires

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

LOL, What a wise a$$...LOL

7. Stan

Stan Senior Member

BFG all terrain t/a the best so far. Pricey but often get away plowing in 2wd whenever possible.

8. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

i use kumho road venture mt havent used them yet but its what im going to run this year. From the reviews i read people said they did good in the snow I will find out.

9. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

BFG all Terrain TA KO's 33x12.50x15 on my 79 F150, plowed 40 accounts and 2 roads and never got stuck once last year. I swear by these tires, wouldn't dream of using anything else.

10. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I'm glad they work for you, but I'll never buy them again. I had a set of those on a shortbed 4x4 Chevy, worst tires I ever owned! I cant believe how often I hear people say they like them. Maybe mine were ******** or something. I had mine in upstate New York in 93, the winter with the Blizzard. What a nightmare those tires were. Last time I plowed I came across an old couple stuck on top of a snowbank in their new Buick. guy with an older F150 on 33" TAs rolled up while I was hooking a chain to them. He was in my way so I just hooked it to his plow frame instead of my truck. He pulled the chain taut and spun one front and one rear tire at about 60 mph, sliding back and forth on the snowy road, no locker and no ballast. Got him out of the way and hooked it to my 3/4 ton GM with 350 lbs in back, Detroit locker in the rearend, and gently pulled the big Buick off the snowbank without spinning a tire. I was running 265/75 Enforcer MTs. I can't imagine trying to plow a road with 33/12.50s on a half ton truck.

11. danno

danno Senior Member

Yeah, I`ve got Cooper Discoverer A/Ts in 33 size, but they come off for the winter. Why does anyone use wide tires in the snow?
    I switch to Goodyear A/T S in 235/85/16. Man, what a great tire. Snow never gets compacted in it. And they dig in looking for traction.

12. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

I just picked up a set of steelies for the winter and I'm in the process of looking at different tires. I used 285/75R16's on my old truck and they were great. I know the stock 265's stunk last winter. I like the stable footing with the little bit wider tires with the weight of my trucks. I need to make a decision very soon here, lol. Chris

13. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I dont plow, but i use bridgestone dualer a/ts on my Ford 150 2x4 while hauling the snowblower around. gets through some deep snow, could never push snow with 2x4 though lol.

14. festerw

festerw Senior Member

LT235/75/15 Mastercraft Courser MSR's on my Jeep, if you've never tried snow tires you'll never know what you're missing, I plowed about 2 times with my Dueler APT III's and they sucked compared to the snows.

15. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

DetroitDan, I can see where your coming from, a lot of people don't like them.
    I failed to mention my Ford has the trac-loc rear and posi front, this thing chews big time. Plus I weight the rear a bit, not much, don't like looking at the hood on hills and wondering when the road will come into view. :)
    I think most tires will react differently, depending on how there used.

16. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

Goodyear Mt/r There Sweet.

17. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I just replaced my 265/75/R16 on my Ford 250 with a set of new Dunlops.I went up a size to 285/75/R16 all terrain.

18. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't everybody just replace the whole truck?????:dizzy:

19. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

Well it looks like I lucked out and a local dealer bought an extra set of Pro Comp A/T's LT285/75R16's at the buy three get one free prices. I will have them in a few weeks. I think they will do well. Chris

20. danno

danno Senior Member

TOOOOOO WIDE ! :nono: