1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what kind of ratchet strap?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 09Busa, Jan 6, 2011.

1. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

Question. I want to go out today and purchase a ratchet strap, just in case of emergency with my 8'2" v. If I have to drive it into a snowbank and secure it, for the ride to the dealer. I know Boss tells you that you should have a strap rated for at least #3300 lbs. Would a ratchet strap with flat hooks do the job? Do you run the flat hook back up to the ratchet itself? In other words, place the ratchet on the the cross member bar...(not the light bar,) run the strap around the lift section and secure the hook up at the ratchet and and tighten?
    Hope this makes sense. Thank you

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would think any 2 inch strap would work. If mine were to break down I would hook the strap end to the cutting edge then go over the top of the plow then over top of the cross bar the lift cylinder it welded too then down then back towards the front of the plow then back up over top of the strap (so the cutting edge doesn't cut the strap) then hook the ratchet end to the passenger of the sides of the head gear. (abover the lift cylinder and below the head lights.) and tighten it down.

3. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

Thank you for the response.

4. White Knight

White Knight Member

Attached Files:

5. kegger351

kegger351 Junior Member

my boss 8'2" v quit on me last winter and i hooked it under the plow in the center by the cutting edge and ramed it in to a snow bank to pick it up all the way and rapped it arond and hooked it to the light bar and it held just fine for me to drive back 25 miles. thankfully i was at TSC so i could by me a ratchet strap.

6. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

White Knight - thank you for the link - I was looking for this.

Much appreciated

7. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Just keep a jack on the rig and short chain it.

8. Scott Sabin

Scott Sabin Junior Member

I just carry a 2 ton cable type come along have used it 1 time

9. White Knight

White Knight Member

No problem, I find most of this on the website under service center.