1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of product do you use?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowfever, Jan 24, 2013.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I would do a poll but don't know how so I will do it this way. What kind of deicing product are you guys using? I used to run just plain ol solar salt but now I am using a couple different products. One is a corn based product that is supposed to work as well as mag or cal. It works pretty well. I also am just using a salt cal mixture. It is cheaper than the other and works just as good. It will be interesting to see who uses what.
  2. Midatlanticpowe

Midatlanticpowe Junior Member

Solar salt on asphalt u less there's the ice is real heavy then we use mag. Also use mag on concrete
  3. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

What's the corn based stuff?
  4. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

It has a base of gluten but other than that I am not real sure. If you smell it it smells real sweet and kind of like alcohol. The stuff works good and is really blue so it is really easy to see when spreading.
  5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

finding that industrial blue not working well at single digit temps....pedrow works much better and you need less product for better results......IMHO...BWAI