1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of plow is this?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mark268, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mark268

mark268 Member

I am in the market for a plow. This guy is wanting in the area of $700 for this setup. Told it's a Meyer plow and pump, everything beside lights and wiring. I'm not settled on price, seems bit high, I just have never saw a Meyer plow like this. Can anyone help identify it please.

2. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a Meyer truck side and pump, with a Fisher trip edge plow that's been fitted to it.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's a Diamond. The company was originally started by a couple of Fisher guys. They developed the first Vee blade but when they presented it to Dean Fisher he had no interest in manufacturing so they quit and started Diamond. Meyer later bought them but by then Boss had realized the Diamond guys hadn't patented the Vee so Boss did.
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

700 plus whatever it takes to get it hooked up and working on your truck!....i"d calculate what else you will need into the decision...there is always something
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

no its not.

fisher used this style springs for trip edge.

diamond used torsion springs hidden down low on the edge.

so close in style its a easy goof up.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Trip edge with a Meyer pump= Diamond to me. Glad there is a Old fisher guy around. They are getting scarce.:D
  7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fisher still runs there springs like this. but meyters changed them from the orignal diamond style years ago to a setup kind of like ffisher but used there meyers springs paired up to a push/pull rod down to the trip edge.

this got ride of the torsion springs that diamond first used on there style plows.

but yes the guy that worked for fisher left and made his own stuff and basicly shared a few parts back/forth to make plows till meyers got ahold of them i guess and started tweeking it from there.

i like how most people ASSume its yellow its 1 brand or the other and same with red also . :dizzy:

but to the orignal poster here good to you for posting pic and asking what you had. so now you know what ya got.
  8. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

I say give him 250.00 and call it a day..... will take you a lot to get it up and running with a welder at your side