1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of plow do I need?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by snowlover4u2, May 26, 2009.

1. snowlover4u2

snowlover4u2 Junior Member

I own a Landscaping business in virginia and am looking for a snow plow for my 2008 Tundra, I added extra leaf springs in the rear and stronger coil springs in the front. I have plowed before in Colorado and am thinking in the winters to go and plow out there.

I am looking for a decent plow, not a poorly built one but not the top of the line. What do you all recommend?

2. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

A snow plow.

3. snowlover4u2

snowlover4u2 Junior Member

I know I need a snow plow but what do you all recommend I have looked at Meyer, western, boss, and fisher

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

a tundra wouldnt be my first choice for a plow truck but look at fishers. maybe and SD model?

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Aww, you beat me to it!

I agree that the Tundra is not the best plow truck, at least for commercial usage. What cab do you have? I know the heavier springs will help carry the plow, but you still have stock wheel bearings and ball joints.

I have seen Tundras around with Fisher push plates. I think the new HT would be ideal for limited commercial plowing which would save a lot of weight over the SD/HD.