1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of plow do I have?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wbarman, Aug 14, 2009.

1. wbarman

wbarman Junior Member

Im looking for any help in determining what kind of plow I have. Well technically all I have right now is the head gear and controls. It's an older plow set up purchased from a junk yard for plowing my driveway. There are no distinguishing markers I can find. the only thing that might stick out is the hydrolic resivoir is on the back of the head gear. other than that im stumped. Im new to plowing used my fourwheeler last year and don't wanna beat it anymore. any help would be great as im sure I will be needing some parts sometime soon as the instal begins. it is going on a 94 chevy 3500 cheyenne
    Thanks
    the new guy

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

All I can say is pictures, pictures, pictures. And more pictures.

3. wbarman

wbarman Junior Member

4. wbarman

wbarman Junior Member

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's an old Diamond conventional mount with engine driven hydros.

6. fireside

fireside Senior Member

looks like a old dimond plow frame late 80's or could be a pathfinder they used almost identical frames only diffrence is the plow ears were smaller on a pathfinder.

7. wbarman

wbarman Junior Member

Thanks guys, now it's just a matter of installing this beast. shouldn't be to bad, the truck had a plow previously and my buddy owns the junk yard I got it from so I can always go back for more parts. all in all 400 bucks didn't seem to bad for it, and whatever size blade I want.